For the majority of us, after we complete the morning commute and arrive at buy generic levitra online uk our offices, our first stop is the company coffee pot for an extra cup of “motivation” before we hit the desk. This pit stop can be just as harrowing as a rush hour commute most days.
Will the brew be burnt, too strong, too weak? Will you end up having to force yourself to drink it out of sheer desperation and a need for its mind sharpening caffeinated superpowers?
If you want to make a better cup of coffee, here are a few simple and easy steps to help guarantee quality.
1. Clean your coffee maker! Clean the pot, but more importantly, the inside of the coffeemaker. After months of water being run through it to make coffee, minerals and oil will have built up and turned rancid. Yum! You can give your coffee maker a good and thorough cleaning with just two simple ingredients: vinegar and water.
- Mix 1 part white vinegar to 2 parts water. You’ll need to mix enough to fill the entire reservoir of the coffeemaker. Throw a filter in the machine and run the solution through.
- Run clean water through the machine until the water no longer has a vinegar smell. Usually two cycles should do the trick.
2. Buy great beans. To guarantee a great cup of coffee, you have to get your hands on the best beans your purchasing department will allow. We use Abstract Coffee for all of our bean needs and couldn’t be happier.
3. Less is more. To get the best cup of coffee a good rule of thumb is one tablespoon per one cup of water. Perhaps your office wants to invest in an actual tablespoon to measure the coffee, but it’s worth it because filling the basket to the top won’t make bad coffee taste better. It will also make great coffee taste like mud.
4. Don’t let “that guy” make the coffee. “That guy” likes to overfill the basket and pack the grounds down like they stuff the office trash can. They run hot water and pour it into the reservoir. If you see “that guy” heading in the direction of your coffee pot…tackle him/her. For the good of all mankind, but more importantly, your office.. Your boss will understand. Unless of course “that guy” is your boss. You’re on your own with that one.
Following these simple steps will help ensure that you get a good cup of coffee to start off your day and get you through that 3:00 afternoon slump. Office life can be unpredictable, your coffee shouldn’t be.