Apologies to all who had to work yesterday. For everyone else, welcome back to the real world and the new year. It’s time for the Monday Tuesday Grind.
Each Wednesday the Mojo Motors Blog reserves a post for a cool used car of the future. We’ve featured the Mach 7 Falcon and Ford GT90 which are clearly cool used cars of the future, but we’ve never featured a car that wasn’t. That changes today. Nicknamed the “Red Gold Dream” this Mercedes McLaren SLR is quite possibly the most ostentatious, opulent, pompous and flamboyant Mercedes ever built.
Rocktober continues on but the week has come to a close. Here’s what has happened the last five days in world of autos and it involves a Chinese company bailing out a Swedish company, pretty pictures of cars and the Cadillac of user experiences. Literally.
– Isn’t it nice to look at a fine looking car in a beautifully edited photo. [link]
– The newly redesigned Chevrolet Colorado is coming to the U.S. of A. [link]
– A fuel efficient military vehicle is being tested by the U.S. Army. [link]
– Video of a Ford F-150 after a dealership fire gives more stock to the “Built Ford Tough” slogan. [link]
– Cadillac’s new in-car experience is a lot like using a smartphone or iPad. [link]
– Saab’s being saved by another Chinese company. It might be for real this time. [link]
Ending each week on the Mojo Motors Blog is “Putting it into park,” a compilation of newsworthy links from the past five days.
-If you’re feeling like a BAMF, Mojo Motors advises you check out this BMW M5 with smoked rims and windows. [link]
-Jalopnik has compiled a list of the ten greatest racing interviews of all time. [link]
-The World Rally Championship is testing out a camera that will stream video during Rallye de France. [link]
-TreeHugger.com wonders if 2012 going to be the year of the utility e-bike. [link]
-The blog SideQuesting is running a design competition for the best apocalypse-proof ride. [link]
-Lincoln is redesigning the waterfall grill and the world rejoices. [link]
The biennial Frankfurt Motor Show, also known as the International Automobile Exhibition and International Motor Show, opens to the public today and continues running through September 25. During the past few days, automakers have been releasing a stream of concepts and new models for 2012 and beyond. This has thrown Twitter into a frenzy of #iaa hashtags and enough pictures to keep your eyes locked in place for hours. Make the jump to see what’s looking hot, not hot, and a couple in between.