Last week I watched an excellent webinar put on by Automotive News hosted by Jacob Solotaroff from MAX Systems, a company helps dealership’s manage inventory. Solotaroff’s webinar discussed how dealerships can optimize their online advertising, what car shoppers are doing online and the most popular websites they visit. After looking at these findings, it’s important for a startup auto company like Mojo Motors to look at the big players in the auto space, note what they’re doing and what needs to be improved. We’re not just trying to make it easier for shoppers to buy a used car and dealers to sell their inventory without trying to learn a thing or two from the heavyweights.
Facts about used car shoppers
- They spend 11 hours online looking/researching for a car
- Salesman don’t know as much about their own inventory as used car shoppers
- Website recommendations keep people on a website and clicking on relevant vehicles
- Accurate data in advertisements is imperative to keep shoppers engaged
- Seven out of ten shoppers don’t contact dealership before going to lot [keep reading]