- Buy a car or truck that isn’t silver or white. Show off your personality, be a little different!
- Don’t talk on the phone or send texts while you drive. Avoid eating too, unless you like ketchup and special sauce stains all over your shirt.
- Even if you’ve only had a couple of drinks, find a designated driver. Thank them with a meal at Taco Bell or fast food joint of their choice.
- Slow down for people walking, running or cycling. Remember, you’re in an air conditioned vehicle- they’re outside and at the whim of mother nature. Slow down for construction workers too.
- If it’s snowing or raining outside and you have to drive somewhere…don’t. Seriously, no one knows how to drive in that stuff.
- When picking up food at a drive-through, avoid cone-ing the employees (even though it’s hilarious).
- Don’t argue with police officers about tickets because it will never end up working in your favor. Just hope they don’t show up at your court date.
- Clean, vacuum and wash your car every week or so. No one wants to ride in a car that smells like beef jerky, fried fish sandwiches and whatever else is festering under your seats.
- It’s not 1975 anymore. Change your oil every 5,000-8,000 miles or whenever your oil-life meter tells you.
- Drive less or carpool with friends to work /school/wherever. Sitting in a car with other people forces you to talk and it’s amazing what you can discover through conversation. You’ll save on gas too.
Are we missing something? Leave a comment and let us know.
Have an awesome and safe 2012!