We wrote a similar article for 2012 and freshened it up for 2013. Enjoy.
1. Buy a car or truck that isn’t silver or white. Be a little different.
2. Don’t talk on the phone, send texts or Snap Chat while you drive. Avoid eating too, unless you like ketchup and special sauce stains all over your shirt.
3. Even if you’ve only had a couple of drinks, find a designated driver. Thank them with a meal at Taco Bell or fast food joint of their choice.
4. Slow down for people walking, running or cycling. Remember, you’re in an air conditioned vehicle- they’re outside and at the whim of mother nature. Slow down for construction workers too.
5. If it’s snowing or raining outside and you have to drive somewhere…don’t. You might think you know how to drive during inclement weather, but no one knows how to drive in that stuff.
6. It might be hilarious, but you should probably stop pranking drive-through employees. It’s not good to mess with people that handle your food.
7. Don’t argue with police officers about tickets because it will never end up working in your favor. Just hope they don’t show up at your court date.
8. Clean, vacuum and wash your car every week or so. No one wants to ride in a car that smells like beef jerky, fried fish sandwiches and whatever else is festering under your seats.
9. It’s not 1975 anymore. Change your oil every 5,000-8,000 miles or whenever your oil-life meter tells you. You’ll save a bunch of money.
10. Drive less or carpool with friends to work /school/wherever. Sitting in a car with other people forces you to talk. Conversations will make you smarter…usually. You’ll save on gas too.
Have an awesome and safe 2013!