Motor Trend recently published Top 10 New Car Wheel Designs on Wide Open Throttle. These are the cars that can be driven right off the lot with wheels that don’t fail to impress. This means that a new car buyer won’t need to contribute coin to the auto aftermarket for a new set wheels which MSN Autos estimates to be a $295 billion business.
So what if you’re not in the market for a new car? No worries, here’s our Top 10 list of wheels found on used cars between 2000 and 2012 that have designs standing the test of time so hopefully the previous owner took care of their wheels. Make the jump to see if you agree with our picks. [keep reading]
Based on the most popular Mojo Motors used car searches from October, if you’re looking to buy a used car to help you blend-in, go with a Toyota. If you want a used car that will make you stand out, buy a Smart ForTwo. Plus, we have the most popular pick up truck searches, most popular minivan searches and infographics of the 10 most popular car searches, the 10 most popular automaker searches and the least searched automakers. Keep in mind Mojo Motors only currently serves the New England market including Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and New Hampshire so this data doesn’t speak for the other 46 states. Oh, and if you feel so inclined, here’s a recap of the most popular and unpopular searches in September for comparison. Keep reading for all the factoids.
Rocktober continues on but the week has come to a close. Here’s what has happened the last five days in world of autos and it involves a Chinese company bailing out a Swedish company, pretty pictures of cars and the Cadillac of user experiences. Literally.
- Isn’t it nice to look at a fine looking car in a beautifully edited photo. [link]
- The newly redesigned Chevrolet Colorado is coming to the U.S. of A. [link]
- A fuel efficient military vehicle is being tested by the U.S. Army. [link]
- Video of a Ford F-150 after a dealership fire gives more stock to the “Built Ford Tough” slogan. [link]
- Cadillac’s new in-car experience is a lot like using a smartphone or iPad. [link]
- Saab’s being saved by another Chinese company. It might be for real this time. [link]